With so much of the workforce working remotely, Endpoint Monitoring is an essential tool to help smooth the transition. According to recent research from Gartner, nearly half of US employees will continue to work remotely for at least some of the time post-pandemic. Catchpoint’s endpoint monitoring client provides you telemetry from employees’ devices, letting you know immediately the true end user availability and reachability of any SaaS application they are leveraging.
Catchpoint’s lightweight endpoint agent software can be installed locally on a Windows, Mac, or Chrome Browser. This client collects data directly from the device, tracking application performance and network reliability, letting you look at user experience as if you’re standing over the shoulder of your employee, wherever they are situated.
The user experience is complex. Loading just one page involves a large number of stakeholders, including external network delivery, CDN providers, DNS hosts, third party services and tags delivered as APIs, data centers hosting applications and third-party code, and the underlying application, database, and OS architecture and code. We call this the application delivery chain. A weakness in any one of these areas can create a ripple effect that leads to an outage or slowdown.
If a user has problems with a website, you might think their delivery chain is fine if you, for example, only run tests with cloud nodes (because you’re only seeing traffic moving from you to them.) You would miss localized problems that are hard to solve simply because they’re hard to pinpoint without the right data. With Catchpoint, monitoring starts from the actual end user. This provides a complete end-to-end view of your customer or employee experience, using our Synthetic, RUM, or Endpoint monitoring nodes.
Every endpoint client represents live user data straight from the employee’s computer, which can be highly effective when applied towards, for instance, a large group of remote users. Having this level of visibility from the user’s perspective allows you to accelerate your revenue streams and helps your employees maintain their productivity, removing a source of stress and helping make their daily lives a little easier during a disruptive time.
In today’s video, you will:
- See how Catchpoint’s Endpoint Monitoring client can analyze a wide range of web browsing metrics, including:
- how long it takes a service to respond and/or allow user interaction;
- device metrics such as Wi-Fi strength or CPU/memory utilization; and
- the path between the endpoint and the service, which the user is trying to reach.
- Watch a demo of how our customized dashboards are able to monitor your endpoint clients, focused on two use cases:
- Wi-Fi health, in particular local issues for remote users;
- Application health: measuring average response times for specific applications, as well as within the application;
- Understand why troubleshooting the right problem can make a world of difference in lost time and productivity.
Thanks to Catchpoint’s 850 global nodes, it is always possible to get an accurate measurement of the critical path between the user and their application. This allows you to sort through the last mile providers, ISPs, and any other point of failure that might exist along the application delivery chain. With the help of just a simple endpoint dashboard, you can identify your team’s network issues in just a fraction of the time it would take to diagnose manually.